[lit-ideas] Re: St. Andrew's Speech

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:23:40 -0330

Of the 356 single malts known to noumenal and sublunary beings, none of them
attain their peak nosing and tasting qualities without a small infusion of
spring water. This is a T claim and few such claims are able to attain the
degree of certainty possessed by this one. (Trust me on that.) Should Michael
Jackson disagree - not THAT Michael Jackson - I would be willing to debate the
matter in open forum with him or any of his disciples - under idealized,
counterfactual conditions of discourse - at a venue of his own choosing, at a
high noon of his own preference. Na zdarovye, tovarish.

Walter O.
Glenmorangie Professor of Phenomenological Spirits
Department of Transcendental Philosophy
University of Edinburgh, Scotland