[lit-ideas] Special Orders

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:09:30 -0500

Erin calls the bookstore...
Erin:  Hi, I ordered a book from Special Orders on December 9th, and I was
wondering if it had come in yet?
Woman:  Hmmm, let me check.  What was it called?
Erin:  The Temptation to Exist.  Last name Cioran.  C-i-o-r-a-n.
Woman:  OK, I'll be right back.
[pause]
Woman:  Well, it looks like we've gotten everything from that order shipment
in, except for that book.
Erin:  You're kidding me.
Woman:  Well, no.  Chances are someone made a mistake with the data entry when
they sent out the order.
Erin:  I'm cursed.
Woman:  Excuse me?
Erin:  Well, could you perhaps call and find out what happened?
Woman:  Yes, I'll find out where the mistake was made and I'll call you right
back.
Erin:  Thank you.

Oh. My. God.

Erin