[lit-ideas] Re: Soya Sauce

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:37:23 EDT

I just checked my bottle of Kikkoman Soy Sauce - 1 Tbsp. has 290 mg of
sodium.  I had no idea.   I use it frequently.

I have never ever in my *life* heard of *any* food place not having  salt!!!!
 But then I do carry little salt packets in my purse  <g>.  And I've been
known to eat bullion cubes as a  snack....

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: Soya Sauce  Date:
6/5/06 9:11:26 A.M. Central Daylight Time  From: _pas@xxxxxxxxx
(mailto:pas@xxxxxxxx)   To: _lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Sent on:
At 09:51 AM 6/5/2006, you  wrote:
>AA>Industry pressures had kept salt seeming  benign
>
>Not here;  supermarkets and bakers here have been  cutting the amount
>of salt since before 2000 and McDonalds has  too.

I went to pick up a clubhouse/fries from a local restaurant and I  asked for
ketchup and salt and they said "we don't have any salt, it's bad  for you".
Guess what people, I'm sick and damned tired of self-righteous  people --
especially those who just sold me a bleached white flour-bread  sandwich
with processed chicken, cheese, bacon, mayo and butter on it  coupled with
deep fried potatoes -- who are looking out for my health. Just  give me the
salt already, I want to enjoy my last  meal.

paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville,  ON, Canada