[lit-ideas] Soap Opera Politics

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:14:52 -0400

Haven't read the novel, but Webb's explanation of what he saw didn't strike me as abuse. Perhaps it's just a cultural misreading. The son is safe. His privates are safe. The future is safe.
Odd. But probably not abuse (as we usually use that term). Ursula

Andy Amago wrote:

He says that he saw the father-son scene. I believe him. Sexual abuse of children around the world is rampant. Here in the U.S. we know it's a crime, but in other countries it's business as usual,...