[lit-ideas] Re: Sarah Palin gets the spiteful Margaret Thatcher treatment

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 20:37:34 -0700

Did anyone note in the introductory remarks to Palin's speech, given by the first Jewish governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle, that it was considered heroic to give a speech in Texas, go into labor and then jump aboard a plane. Palin then flew a couple of thousand miles to deliver the baby in Alaska the following day. Interesting judgement call.

One other note. The Republicans keep introducing themselves as the party of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt. And yet there wasn't a moment's stir when someone--Guiliani I think it was-- said that Palin is the only person ever on a presidential ticket who knows how to field dress a moose.

Hello?  "The Bull Moose Party" ring any bells?

I can see what Lawrence is hearing. Palin has presence, more perhaps than Obama.

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon