[lit-ideas] Re: Sarah Palin gets the spiteful Margaret Thatcher treatment

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 21:47:12 -0700

On Sep 4, 2008, at 8:58 PM, Lawrence Helm wrote:

It was Fred Thompson, and I think he said she was " . . . the only candidate
to know how to field-dress a moose, except maybe Theodore Roosevelt)."

"She has run a municipality and she has run a state. And I think I can say without fear of contradiction she is the only nominee in the history of either party who knows how to properly field-dress a moose. (Cheers, applause, laughs.) With the possible exception of Teddy Roosevelt. (Laughter, applause.) Okay."

I apologize; I missed the follow-up line.

I bet though that he should fear contradiction. Would you not think that the among the first hundred years of presidents there was someone who knew how to field dress game?

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon