[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: Judy Evans <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 18:56:02 +0100

Sunday, April 3, 2005, 6:41:27 PM, Mirembe Nantongo wrote:

MN> Judy wrote:

>> During Quatermass a little banner came
>> across the bottom of the screen

MN> Ahem. Would this be a Quatermass remake or repeat, or what? If the first,
MN> how was it?

It was a remake of The Quatermass Experiment. It was live, the first
live drama the BBC's made for a long time (the producer said "if it
rains, it rains").  I thought it was really good.  It seems they
weren't thinking of doing another, it was part of the "TV on Trial"
series on BBC4. But the producer'd love to do a series.

Among the cast was David Tennant, the most likely next Doctor Who
(Christopher Eccleston's walked out).  Why they don't choose Bill
Nighy (or someone else from the fans' short-list) I don't know, unless
Tennant fits the storyline better.

--

                             mailto:judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx