[lit-ideas] Re: Right to Life, Right to Die

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:07:37 -0800

> Reactionary?  I'm clearly out of the loop.  Fill me in?  In  a nutshell?

Only in the USA would JP2 not be seen as a ultra-rightwing reactionary; he
would blend right
in.

There's an overview of the issues at
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19926-2005Apr1.html A bit light,
but it's an
overview.

It doesn't go into the politics... oh, okay, the deep conspiracy politics of
JP2, the CIA,
Poland, Eastern Europe, and the USSR. It will be decades before that history is
written, if
it is ever unveiled. JP2 used the Catholic Church to funnel hundreds of
millions of CIA
dollars into central Europe to destablize the USSR. They didn't do this to
liberate Europe;
"liberty" is noxiously decadent to them. They were fighting against godless
atheism. We
remember another central European who fought against the USSR. The article also
doesn't
describe how he effectively silenced and shut out moderates and centrists in
the Church.

The Church will continue to lurch further into conservatism; there's too much
institutional
momentum and no real crisis or need to change.

There's a good description of the election of a pope: Baron Corvo's novel
"Hadrian VII"
(1905 or something like that) has brilliant details of the ceremony and palace
intrigue.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com