[lit-ideas] Reversing heart disease...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 13:09:27 -0400

I'm asking. I used the Harvard U. DASH diet for a while (for lowering high blood pressure) and it seemed to work, but then I got lazy again about those five fruits and five vegetables every day. Tell me anything, but don't tell me to stop drinking coffee and red wine.
Ursula
North Bay

Carol Kirschenbaum wrote:

So ask me about reversing heart disease, someone. Seems I did
that, over the past two years. My cardiologist was fairly
astounded. Much of it, he thought, had to do with lowering my
blood pressure to barely above the level needed to sustain life.
But really folks, a stenotic ("sticky") heart valve no longer
sticking; a "leaky" mitral valve that's not leaking anymore; an
enlarged heart chamber that's now regular size; and thickened
heart walls that have thinned.
So she walked out of the office with a clean bill of cardiac
health and dropped dead from--
Still here,
carol