[lit-ideas] Re: Pulling hats out of rabbits...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:52:48 -0500

No, it's not far-fetched. I just didn't want to assume that. Kind words. Thanks. Relatedly, I had, for years, had copies of a series of poems which I thought had been written by the high school friend who gave them to me, only to find twenty years later that they were E. St. Vincent Millay's.

Speaking of high school, Oprah Winfrey last year did a show in which she had students from an inner-city Chicago school exchange places for a day with students from an enriched suburban school. The inner city school was the one I attended: Harper High School in Chicago. I didn't see the show -- only heard about it. Pretty funny....
Ursula

Stan Spiegel wrote:

Ursula -
If you didn't say your brother sent it to you, I could've sworn it came right out of Mike Geary's head. It has all the earmarks of his sense of humor, imagination and versification. Regardless of who wrote it, it's a beauty! Since he didn't tell you who wrote it, I'd guess he did. Is that far-fetched?

Stan Spiegel