[lit-ideas] Re: Paper, Plastic, the Vacuum

  • From: Julie Krueger <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 21:26:08 -0600

Having recently purchased a new washer and dryer, I feel your pain in
spades.  It was beyond obvious, for starters, that the salesman had never
washed a load of laundry in his life...

The "sturdiness" factor for even the expensive models was not anything
close to my old machines.  I suspect it will be less expensive to replace
them than repair them when the new ones break down.

A violin student today told me that she had trouble finding a course music
book at local music stores; she was advised, however, that she could
download it for a price and print and bind it herself.  Maybe I should
replace my music stand with a laptop stand.

It costs me less to replace my printer when I run out of ink than to
replace the ink.

Off to read a book which, old-fashioned that I am, has actual paper pages I
turn with my hand.

Julie Krueger
apparently a curmudgeon, already