[lit-ideas] Re: Panic Attacks -- LONG

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 23:02:01 +0100

PS>As Mike said a few days ago, what manifests itself as
a heart attack could be panic and vice versa.

Yes.  People with symptoms that could be a panic attack should see
their GP.

PS>Take it from me, don't research panic attacks. Don't suggest
 to a doctor that you might be having them, and for goodness
sake, if you REALLY believe that you have a physical problem,
don't stop exhausting the tests that will rule out the problems.

I don't entirely agree about the research point**, but I do agree with
the rest.  I add, from my own experience, that if you fall and hurt your
head and a doctor asks if you remember the fall, you should say no.
If asked whether you remember the moments just before the fall,
say no.  That way there's a fighting chance the doctor/s won't miss
concussion and you'll get a chance to lie down and rest and --
with even more luck.. -- get the investigations you need.

**I do understand why you say this, though.

Judy Evans, Cardiff