[lit-ideas] Re: On Kudos

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 20:07:13 -0700

on 6/5/05 6:28 PM, Andy Amago at aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

So maybe you know the
> requirements for becoming a champion bull rider?  I saw it on television.
> I thought I'd try it.  I'd get to wear those cool cowboy clothes.  Failing
> that, I thought maybe big wave surfing, the 40 footers in Hawaii, looked
> like my sport.  I'm a pretty good swimmer.  Anybody have any ideas how one
> goes about becoming a champion bull rider?

I believe the usual procedure, at least this is what the fellow in Harney
County told me, is to have your goolies stepped on several times by an
ill-tempered and quite heavy beast.  After that all pain is relative, and
the future looks rosy.  Something to do with burst blood vessels, I think.

Odd coincidence BTW.  I write a Sunday Poem that mentions Alexander
McCall-Smith's work, and here the fellow is on our radio this eve for the
first time ever.  'strawdinry.

David Ritchie
Portland, Oregon