[lit-ideas] Re: Not Spam?

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:56:53 -0400

Simon: I assumed it was all about the link. Any ideas?

In addition to using blacklists, E-mail filters use text analysis to identify Spam. The sophisticated filters run a range of tests on both the mail headers and body text. The randomly-generated word salad you received was probably designed to defeat the E-mail filters.

All of which is just further reason to expand the Gitmo facility. I mean really expand it. To roughly the size of Cuba, minus Havana. That way, we'd have lots of room for spammers, Russian Mafia Internet porn kingpins, inventors of spyware like CoolWebSearch and Perfect Keylogger, and all the vile cyber-dregs of humanity. Plus al-Qaeda wouldn't feel singled out.