[lit-ideas] Re: Normal and Revolutionary Learning

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 17:47:11 +0100 (BST)

In so far as this involves an allusion to T.S.Kuhn, particularly his 'The
Structure of Scientific Revolutions', could someone venture to elucidate the
difference between 'normal' and 'revolutionary' thinking (without using
question-begging explanations like 'well, one is paradigmmatic and the other
non-paradigmmatic thinking' or "well, one is 'in the box' and the other 'out
of the box" thinking).

What, in current terms, is the difference between 'in the box' and 'outside
the box' thinking? [To paraphrase Q.Quarantino, if we cannot answer this, let
us not ask questions - that beg a difference between "Normal and
Revolutionary Learning" - and merely suck each others's pseudo-learned
dicks][[Ok.Ok. I'm working on a better example, Walter]].

Even if no such allusion was intended, what is the difference in the
distinction drawn in the title of this thread?

Donal
Following Bob Dylan to 'Victoria's Secret'
And feeling aroused to the point of provocation

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html