[lit-ideas] Re: Normal and Revolutionary Learning

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:18:20 -0500

WO:
"Confusion" bears the promise of a recognition that one's
tried-and-true paradigms are of no value in dealing with the problems and
issues as presented.

But what are all your paradigms worth? A mere twenty cents each. A lot of good that'll do you when a nickel bar of candy costs fifty cents. Let me cite you a "confusion" example. Just yesterday I returned home to find my friend waiting for me. "Where have you been?" she asked. "Over on Jackson Avenue," I said. "Oh," she said. I could see she wanted to know more. I sat. "There's a lot for sale on Jackson Avenue," I added. "Ah," she said, she understood shopping. "A lot of what?" she asked. "Huh?" I said. "A lot of what?" she repeated. "A lot of land," I said. "Really," she said, "how much?" "I don't know. Twenty thousand, I'd guess," I said. "Twenty thousand? I wouldn't call that a lot," she seemed flabbergasted. "Depends, I suppose," I said. "Twenty thousand isn't a lot, it's a tract." "A tract?" "Yes, it's a track of land." "I don't know, it didn't look so attractive to me," I said. "Well, it's a lot more than a lot," she said huffily." "Sometimes you confuse the hell out of me," I said.

Tomorrow and example of puzzled.

Mike Geary

----- Original Message ----- From: <wokshevs@xxxxxx>