[lit-ideas] Re: Non-discussion #23

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:49:00 EDT

My HVAC man is much nicer than that.  He calls me Ma'am.    Which makes me
feel old and him feel courtious.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Non-discussion #23
Date: 10/10/2006 4:28:11 P.M. Central Standard Time  From:
_atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've dreamed some more dreams lately, but alas, I  can't recall even the
first detail of any one of them.   I  know though that I've dreamed.  Trying to
remember a dream is like trying  to remember a forgotten name, it recedes
faster
with every increase in  concentration -- perhaps that's the force behind the
universe  expanding.  Maybe it's God trying to remember where He put  things.
Could I remember one, I promise you I would recount it here  in all it's
incoherence for your wonder and edification.  But as  per usual, of late life's
been throwing me only the dregs, nothing but  dull, stale, flat and dourly
uninteresting reality.  My life consists of  leaking joints, sticking valves,
worn
out diaphragms and shorted motor  windings.  Customers bitch at me.  "Hey,
don't blame me," I snap back  at them, "I didn't buy this piece of shit, you
did.
  Now you'll  just have to suck up my repair bills."  Yes, Virginia, there is
poetic  justice in the world.  Sometimes the poor do get to stick it to the
rich.  But precious seldom.  Precious seldom.

Mike Geary
Memphis