[lit-ideas] Re: No Special Forces, thank you...

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 20:57:52 +0100

Interesting. Very.  We adhere less to the consequences of (for example)
defining terrorism as crime (perhaps because it makes no difference? we
anyway lack capital punishment). So (again, for example) when the SAS
stormed the Iranian Embassy, they shot the hostage-takers in cold blood.

Not that I endorse that, I do not.

Conversely, we do not support -- as a policy -- the assassination of
terrorist leaders (albeit Blair has turned a blind eye to such killings by
the US). But I sense this is less a moral point than one borne of decades of
making peace with terrorists.

FYI

one of the mercenary
groups that is operating in Iraq.

also interesting; the SAS were once hired out -- as mercenaries -- to
Sheikdoms.

Judy Evans
jaye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx