[lit-ideas] Re: No Snowden-Ifft actually works with Niple

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:40:52 -0700

Pause between composing syllabi for one brief moment...

The front page of today's "Oregonian" carries a photo of Mike Brokaw of Burgess and Niple, a Columbus Ohio, engineering firm. He's inspecting one of our bridges. We have "fatigue cracks" but no imminent safety issues.

Occidental College's Physics professors are Dennis Eggleston, George Schmiedeshoff, Alec Schramm and Daniel Snowden-Ifft.

Given my druthers, or "would rathers," I think I would prefer to imagine our bridge cracks being inspected by that firm.

David Ritchie,
wiling and beguiling time in
the Bridge City of the West