[lit-ideas] Re: More on Bigoted Muslim Cab Drivers

  • From: "Veronica Caley" <molleo1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:57:23 -0500

Lawrence: The concept of tolerance permits us to practice any sort of belief we
like as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of anyone else.

Lawrence, I totally agree with you on this.  And for this reason, I wrote to
both my Senators and two Congress persons to explain the following: why does
the Conference of Catholic Bishops have a say in reproductive rights of
non-Catholic women?  This is a perpetual subject here, not necessarily
involving immigrants, that came to prominence during the Health Care Bill.  I
asked months ago.  Still waiting.  And waiting and waiting for an answer.

My point is that all religions do this.  They almost all have their agendas and
pursue them with vigor.  Muslims have been here for more than a hundred years.

Veronica Caley