[lit-ideas] Re: More...

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 02:55:12 -0500

Anderas:
> It's a conspiracy.
> Prince Ranier died today.
> Saul Bellow died today.

As you said the other day: Don't mess with Michael Jackson.

If this trial continues, despite clear and present dangers of conviction, I
think you can look forward to events of Biblical Proportions, such as
talking snakes, deadly apples, burning Bushes, voices out ot whirlwinds.
When will we ever learn that celebrity deals with its own through
forgiveness and economic accomodation and that we lesser mortals are sadly
reduced to flim-flam organized person indulgence even if they are
forgeries?.

Things happen.  Just be glad Michael Jackson wasn't Socrates.  Who could
ever have taken Plato seriously once seeing Socrates moon-walk across the
page?