[lit-ideas] Re: Moby Dick and America

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:47:03 -0800

On Dec 10, 2008, at 1:47 PM, Donal McEvoy wrote:

I'm going to re-write the New Testament from the POV of Jesus (minus the swearing and thinly veiled contempt) and 'Waiting For Godot' from Godot's POV (at the end Godot graffitoes 'Godot was here - where the feck was everyone?', of course). And 'Catcher In The Rye' from the POV of the parents, 'Gorillas In The Mist' from the gorilla's POV..

God I hate sandals...when are we going to invent swimming costumes...it's hot and all these smelly people are following me, I'd better say something nice about the Welsh or the Greeks or someone...who would want to eat fish in this climate, tear me a chunk off the Mother's Pride will you...wine? Where's a whisky when you want it...

Well bugger me, they've gone...

What a self-absorbed wanker our son has grown up to be...

Bloody Bonobo, I'll bet she supports Bolton Wanderers or some such crap team.

David Ritchie,
doing the light lifting for you, amused, offering you a lend of the snow shovel