[lit-ideas] Re: Missile envy

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:42:22 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Thu, 10/7/08, Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [lit-ideas] Re: Missile envy
> To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thursday, 10 July, 2008, 8:54 PM
> >>Is No Dong a person or place perhaps?
>
> A pesky question indeed. Maybe it's a state of mind?
>
> Ten years ago, two politicians -- Sacco and Pinto --
> campaigned for the
> mayoralty of Osasco, Brazil. The press had a run of lexical
> fun.

How has the 'wii' escaped this 'lexical fun'? Because such fun is only directed
at foreigners or the whole press corp has been bought off by corporate dollar
or because we all love playing with our 'wii' etc.?

Donal
Queen's Lexicographer In Waiting
(She says I may be waiting a long time)
So working on the 'shiit' box meantime

Not happy with your email address?.
Get the one you really want - millions of new email addresses available now at
Yahoo! http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/new.html