[lit-ideas] Re: Member Issues

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:03:46 -0700

On Oct 1, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Judith Evans wrote:

>> How's the golf?
>

> rained off.  Torrential rain.  For hours.  The Americans came equipped with
> waterproofs that didn't protect against water.
>
> er... that's the golf news.

The BBC's written commentary is amusing.  One thread concerns what a spectator
may shout after someone has hit the ball.  "Get in the casual water," has been
suggested.

And, of course, there's sartorial advice:
702: "AWAY YOU GO!" Dustin Johnson with the first shot after the restart and
he's safely on the green in two at six. Nothing safe about Westwood's approach,
that's what you call a marker, his ball finishing six feet from the cup. Wedge
for Mickelson - that's an absolute shocker, straight pull into the drink. That
sweater's not much cop either, looks like it was designed by my Nan. Kaymer
safely on, Westwood in pole...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/9041112.stm

Off to work!

David Ritchie,