[lit-ideas] Maderna

  • From: Jlsperanza@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:00:21 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/2009 10:30:02 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
palma@xxxxxxxx writes:
better maderna

imho

----

Maderna,  nato a Venezia.

"Satyricon", apres Petronio.
Prima: 1973.

"In  the scene in which Fortunata appears we have snatches of different
types of  music, from cabaret to Kurt Weill to 'folk'. In this connection, we
should also  mention the several passages taken from Verdi which help to
recreate the  atmospherre of burlesque pastiche which is the main feature of
Petronius's  satire.

"Il trionfo dell'amore e dell'immaginizaione:
opera by  Maderna.
apres Bodini.
Prima: 1962.

"Of the three 'blues' contained  in the score, the last featured in the
Divertimento."

"There have been a  number of modern transcriptions of Monteverdi's
"Orfeo", including by Maderna in  1967.

Cheers,

J. L. Speranza
   Buenos Aires, Argentina