[lit-ideas] Re: Lost in translation

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 17:52:39 -0800 (PST)

Oops, I screwed it up.  In the stanza where I thought she was sying "it needn't
be said" she's really saying the heart never tires of saying, Let there always
be sunshine, etc..  The words are similar and I was listening, not reading.  So
too in the first stanza the translator's sentence "That was the little boy's
picture" is more accurate than mine.  It is in the passive voice.  I was
flipping back and forth into my Word document, made it awkward.

Andy