[lit-ideas] Re: It's still the same old story...

  • From: wokshevs@xxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 15:41:48 -0300

Old joke; can't remember where I heard it. Fellow goes to a psychiatrist and
says: "Doc, you must help my brother! He's really sick or demented or
something." The psychiatrist asks him what the problem is with his brother.
"Well, doctor, it's somewhat embarrassing, but ... but ... my brother is
convinced he's a ... a ... a chicken!! (He crumples into the couch in utter
shame and devastation.) Oh God, what are we to do?" The doctor replies: "Well,
that certainly is very unusual, and certainly very interesting. Why don't you
have him spend a week or so here with us at the hospital. We can run some
tests, provide a diagnosis and perhaps even a prognosis." The fellow replies:
"Well, doctor, you see, we would do that, but ... but ... we really need the
eggs."

Vladimir Casimir Okshevsky, RN
Sanity and Metaphysics Unit
McGill University Center for Psychiatry, Love and Glory
Montreal, P.Q., Kanada

Quoting JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx: