[lit-ideas] Re: Horowitz v

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 12:37:34 -0700

...and Nicos Polansis should be Nicos Poulantzas (and Peter Steinberger's
right, one paragraph on him is hardly excessive)

I couldn't make your link work, Robert, this one does

http://cms.studentsforacademicfreedom.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2210&Itemid=3

Thanks, Judy. Last night I listened to the audio through all of Horowitz and the first part of Steinberger. I'll listen to the part where things get testy and they depart from their notes this evening. I have to say that I didn't believe any of the things Horowitz said happened ever happened, e.g. that a black professor of Law at Colorado had begun his class by saying that the 'R' in 'Republican' stood for 'racist,' and belittled a student who objected by calling him a fascist. I don't even believe that all twelve of the Reed students Horowitz said he talked with had read a book on 'geopolitical theory' by Noam Chomsky. But I digress.

Robert Paul