[lit-ideas] Re: Historians & Bush

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:50:29 -0500

Andrew Johnson was also an extremely bad president.  Johnson's utterly corrupt
policies during Reconstruction following the Civil War are the direct cause of
our race problems in this country.  Had Lincoln not been assassinated, things
would likely have been very different.  Bush has unleashed forces that will
haunt us for decades or longer.  My personal opinion, borne out in his actions,
is that Bush downright doesn't like the country.   He only likes the ultra
wealthy.  The article says he's bankrupting the country.  It's done.  He
bankrupted it.  He took the U.S. from economic superpower to a debtor nation
with nukes, while creating a class of Darwinian terrorists (killing off the
dummies in Iraq and leaving the best).  He's worse than Buchanan and Andrew
Johnson combined.   These are not opinions.  These are facts.  What I don't
understand is that most people still don't get it.  Instead of demanding
impeachment, nobody cares.