[lit-ideas] Re: HOW IT IS

  • From: Teemu Pyyluoma <teme17@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 07:37:17 -0700 (PDT)

Military virtues start to make sense if taken as a cover for the  vice of
incompetence. The whole operation was misplanned and badly executed, but our
troops died gloriously. Or as Paola, the wife of Inspector Brunetti, in one of
Donna Leon's books comments on Berlusconi sending troops to aid: "Is that a
threat, or an offer?"

Cheers,
Teemu
Helsinki, Finland