[lit-ideas] Re: HOW IT IS

  • From: John Wager <john.wager1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 18:45:49 -0500

ALL veterans I have ever met are quite suspicious of rules. They not only know how stupid they usually are, but they also know how to circumvent them to get the job done when necessary. But veterans tend to be in support of duty, honor, and the defense of the country, which (unfortunately) gets labeled

"conservative."

There is no contradiction between seeing how many REALLY REALLY stupid rules the military can come up with, and a suspicion that government may not
be the best judge of what we should do...

Lawrence Helm wrote:
And . . . I wonder why no one has ever suggested an inconsistency between my conservatism and my dislike of rules.