[lit-ideas] Re: Grice's Customized Old English Sheep Dog

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 04:57:42 -0700

The first thing I thought of as I read that article was C. Wright Mills The
Power Elite. In the future only the rich and powerful will be able to
afford "customized" children. The rich and powerful will produce countless
smarter and stronger children as time goes on. Some people doubted that
there really was a "power elite" but with a few generations of customized
children produced by the American rich all doubt "might" be removed. I put
"might" in quotes because another possibility is that the "customized"
smarter children might reject following in their parents footsteps and
become poets and philosophers instead. :-)

Lawrence