[lit-ideas] Re: Geary's Infallibility

  • From: Mike Geary <gearyservice@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:40:47 -0500

I've not put much stock in Papal infallibility for lo these last 50 years.
 However if not forced thereby to live without infallibility -- the Supreme
Court is infallible when it issues a decision regarding the
Constitutionality of any question brought before it.  It's word is final
and as such is without error.  That does not mean that it cannot reverse
itself in a later ruling.  Infallibility, it turns out, doesn't mean "free
from error"  but "we have spoken, eat shit if you don't like it."

I am infallible in this opinion.
J Michael Geary