[lit-ideas] Re: GORB

  • From: "Julie Krueger" <juliereneb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:16:43 -0500

I didn't really get that sense when I browsed it -- the page I stumbled
across was an invitation to anonymously rate and remark about politicians --
the thinking, I guess, is that people would be more honest if they weren't
John Hancocking, so to speak.  There are lots of logistic flaws in that,
although some is no doubt just a psychological attitude -- something like
the recent study that demonstrated that people will behave on information
they have learned through gossip even when that gossip counters their
individual experience.  Kinda scary.

Julie Krueger