[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: Re: Lighting Fools: Reflections on an Image in Macbet...

  • From: Andy Amago <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:53:16 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Changing genres, it's like the story about the guy who doesn't like the lit=
tle hut he lives in.  He goes to the town elder and says, father, I hate it=
.  It's so small.  It makes me so depressed.  So the town elder says, okay,=
 go get your mother and bring her to your hut.  The guy says, are you kiddi=
ng?  It's so small now.  And the elder says, trust me, just do it.  So the =
guy does it and next week comes back and says, father, what'd you do to me?=
  She nags, she complains, it's worse than ever.  So the elder says, go get=
 your brother and his family and bring them in.  He does, and he goes back =
to the elder and it's the same thing, only this time the elder says, go get=
 a goat and some chickens and bring them in.  The guy is desperate by now b=
ut does it anyway, and the following week he goes back and says, geez, I wa=
s depressed and now I'm suicidal.  So the elder says, okay, kick them all o=
ut.  The guy goes back and kicks them all out and comes back to the elder a=
nd says, father, you're a genius.  I kicked them all out and now the place =
is so big.  I'm so happy.

Moral: Since things can always be worse, Jose loves you.