[lit-ideas] Re: Fw: [IP] CNN transcript of bin Laden tape

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 22:18:19 EDT

I think it was a brilliant move on Bin Ladin's part.  He wants Bush in
office.  His family & Bush's are thick as thieves and Bush is good for  the
Saudi
oil business.  So he makes a statement four days before the  election
denouncing Bush knowing full well that Americans aren't terribly  thoughtful in
general
and that many of them will simply think, "Oh.  So Bin  Laden thinks Bush is a
bad President.  I hate Bin Laden.  If Bin Laden  hates Bush then I love Bush.
 I'm voting for Bush."  I'm really  starting to think this democracy thing
isn't too swift an idea.  I'm not at  all convinced that the general populace
is
smart enough to know what's good for  us.

Julie Krueger
feeling prematurely sour, in advance of the elections
========Original Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Fw: [IP] CNN
transcript of bin Laden tape  Date: 10/30/04 7:16:47 PM Central Daylight Time
From:
_andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:
Here is the transcript of bin Laden's message to  America's elections. Read
it carefully.

Incredible, no?, that our enemy  tells the truth and our leader lies to  us.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/29/bin.laden.transcript/index.html

From:  Mr. bin Laden
To: The USA
Subject: Your Security

You, the American  people, I talk to you today about the best way to avoid
another
catastrophe  and about war, its reasons and its consequences.
And in that regard, I say to  you that security is an important pillar of
human life, and
that free people  do not compromise their security.

Contrary to what [President George W.]  Bush says and claims -- that we hate
freedom --let
him tell us then, "Why  did we not attack Sweden?" It is known that those who
hate freedom
don't  have souls with integrity, like the souls of those 19. May the mercy
of God be  upon
them.

We fought with you because we are free, and we don't put  up with
transgressions. We want to
reclaim our nation. As you spoil our  security, we will do so to you.

I wonder about you. Although we are  ushering the fourth year after 9/11,
Bush is still
exercising confusion and  misleading you and not telling you the true reason.
Therefore, the
motivations are still there for what happened to be repeated.

And I  will talk to you about the reason for those events, and I will be
honest with  you
about the moments the decision was made so that you can ponder. And I  tell
you, God only
knows, that we never had the intentions to destroy the  towers.

But after the injustice was so much and we saw transgressions and  the
coalition between
Americans and the Israelis against our people in  Palestine and Lebanon, it
occurred to my
mind that we deal with the towers.  And these special events that directly
and personally
affected me go back to  1982 and what happened when America gave permission
for Israel to
invade  Lebanon. And assistance was given by the American sixth fleet.

During  those crucial moments, my mind was thinking about many things that
are hard to
describe. But they produced a feeling to refuse and reject injustice, and I
had
determination to punish the transgressors.

And as I was looking  at those towers that were destroyed in Lebanon, it
occurred to me that
we  have to punish the transgressor with the same -- and that we had to
destroy the  towers in
America so that they taste what we tasted, and they stop killing  our women
and children.

We found no difficulties in dealing with the Bush  administration, because of
the
similarities of that administration and the  regimes in our countries, half
of which are run
by the military and half of  which are run by monarchs. And our experience is
vast with them.

And  those two kinds are full of arrogance and taking money illegally.

The  resemblance started when [former President George H.W.] Bush, the
father,  visited the
area, when some of our own were impressed by America and were  hoping that
the visits would
affect and influence our  countries.

Then, what happened was that he was impressed by the  monarchies and the
military regimes,
and he was jealous of them staying in  power for tens of years, embezzling
the public money
without any  accountability. And he moved the tyranny and suppression of
freedom to his own
country, and they called it the Patriot Act, under the disguise of fighting
terrorism. And
Bush, the father, found it good to install his children as  governors and
leaders.

We agreed with the leader of the group, Mohammed  Atta, to perform all
attacks within 20
minutes before [President George W.]  Bush and his administration were aware
of what was
going on. And we never  knew that the commander-in-chief of the American
armed forces would
leave  50,000 of his people in the two towers to face those events by
themselves when  they
were in the most urgent need of their leader.

He was more  interested in listening to the child's story about the goat
rather than worry
about what was happening to the towers. So, we had three times the time
necessary to
accomplish the events.

Your security is not in the hands  of [Democratic presidential nominee John]
Kerry or Bush or
al Qaeda. Your  security is in your own hands. Any nation that does not
attack us will not be
attacked.