[lit-ideas] Further to Economics Not

  • From: Andy <mimi.erva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 08:01:09 -0700 (PDT)

An example popped into my head about how mythical the economic system is, the
very fact that corporations are treated as people under the law.  A corporation
is a person, isn't that unbelievable?  They have all the protections, none of
the liabilities.  A corporation will never sit on death row, will never pay
child support.  On the rare occasion it is prosecuted, its CEO's die in prison
of natural causes, that's about it.  We need to redefine success to something
in keeping with the laws of gravity.

Andy