[lit-ideas] Fruit.

  • From: "Erin Holder" <erin.holder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:48:40 -0400

Okay, I realize this is going to sound absurd, but I just took a measuring tape
to my peach.  This peach, let me tell you, has a circumference of ten inches -
ten inches! That is, I think I mean circumference.  Whatever, it's ten inches
around.  Can you even conceive of how large a peach that is?!!  It is the most
frighteningly large peach I have ever seen, never mind taken a bite out of.
How on earth is fruit being grown these days?!!  I swear, it reminds me of the
Simpsons Tomacco episode - that was a great episode.  This peach has got to be,
like, genetically engineered or something.  A peach this large is unheard of.
It's sick.  Obscene!!  That's it.  From now on I'm buying organic.
Erin
Toronto