[lit-ideas] Re: From Newsweek

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 15:21:33 -0500

MIA: I *hate* being Irene. People are so freakin' sensitive when a woman says something. I'm dragging my feet hitting the unsubscribe option. In the meantime, here's a troubled person to chew on (I haven't read it yet):

I would hazard a guess, and I emphasize the 'hazard' part of the word "hazard" that if a male person assumed a 'woman's' voice on here for nigh on two years, and offered the continual incites that AA did, the fallout would be FAR greater than that of the last few days. I think YOU are the sensitive one Reeny!

After going back and looking over some of the 'discussions' that you had with certain people on Phil-Lit, I think we treated Amago pretty much the same as we treated you back then. I know I did, except for the one-time expletive. I guess the absence of substantial chiding here, coupled with the fact that, well HE deserved it, changed everything.

avoiding painful employment,

Paul

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx