[lit-ideas] Re: Finding poetry where you can...

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 19:32:34 -0400

Maybe you had to be there...

For me, this is on a par with (written by a student in an essay on the building of the transcontinental railway in Canada) "the country was now connected by a band of steal." And so it was...

Let's see...among other things, poetry = playing with languge.
I chuckled...so she must have been playing.  Logical, no?

The question she was answering was, "What would change tomorrow if science could prove that your collected memories are merely a fabrication?" Brain in a vat time...

Ursula
obviously doing too much marking on the shores of Lake Nipissing

On 14/04/2011 6:59 PM, Erin Holder wrote:
I'm with Eeyore.

Quoting Mike Geary <jejunejesuit.geary2@xxxxxxxxx>:

One should not be so quick to criticize.  Perhaps the rapid writer is
running out of chance to have changed it..  Or else perhaps this is a
fabrication of mass destruction of English running in the rapid streets.
Only the mayhem of science can prove the memory of if it is.

Mike Geary

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM, Paul Stone <pastone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From a student...

...if science could prove that our memories and lives was a fabrication then again I could see mayhem and mass destruction of property and life
running rapid in the streets.

Well, US, if unintelligible, illiterate, pointless sentences are poetry, then I agree. I've read this sentence 10 times and I don't get ANY meaning
from it... Maybe that's the ponit... yeah, I said "Ponit"!

yours truly,
Eeyore T. Donkey