[lit-ideas] FW: Re: Fukuyama and the end of history

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:27:26 -0400

> Sad to no longer struggle for purely abstract goals?  He's kidding,
right?
> Fukuyama is an idiot.  Or he would have made a great Communist.

I don't mean to impugn Communists.  They were just very ideological, that's
all.  So were Fascists.  Of course, we'll never know if Communism works or
not, since Stalin destroyed the country using Communist buzz words.  Still,
the idea that one fights for purely abstract goals is very dangerous, not
to mention it's like digging a hole and filling it back up again. To
promote dying for an ideology is an amazing foundation for the U.S.