[lit-ideas] Re: Essence this (was: Re: another dabate?)

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 02:23:19 -0400

Julie -
Bush was more composed -- and did better this time. He showed how
intelligent he is by remembering all his lies and articulating them in a
fairly articulate way. You could see his blood pressure rising as you
watched Kerry beat the shit out of him. But he gave as good as he got. Bush
showed what a capable sociopath he is. CNN's polls -- while a few more
Republicans than Democrats were represented -- showed Kerry to be the winner
at 47% to 44%. Amazing! Go to MSNBC.com and you'll see Kerry at 68% to Bush
at 32%. It'll be interesting to listen to Talk Radio tomorrow and listen to
their perspective on the debate. What they can't garble, however, is that
universally Kerry -- whether by large or small increments -- won. The stats
are all in his favor.

Karen Hughes was the prime GOP spinster and you heard her interesting
distortions about how clearly and persuasively Bush has succeeded at
job-creation. Hillary was the counterpoint for the Democratic viewpoint. You
missed a worthwhile evening.

Stan Spiegel
still nervous in Maine