[lit-ideas] Re: Essence of Wittgenstein [partial reply to Robert Paul]

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 07:39:42 +0100 (BST)

This was previously [minutes ago] mistakenly posted with another thread
title. Because of this and my earlier mistake of resending another post, my
three-post quota has..anyway.

O yeh, the message is truncated here. So those interested are referred to the
earlier misleadingly titled post. Anyway.

For any Americans or others out there who think this confirms that Brits are
not interested in providing a fast, efficient service or doing things for the
convenience of the customer, or are just incompetent whatever their interest,
may I make it clear: I am not a Brit.

Donal

 --- Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >  --- Donal McEvoy
<donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >  --- S
> Before embarking, may I note that a lot of RP's response
> does not strike me as obviously directly relevant to challenge the
> claim that the "essence" of Wittgenstein is two
> doctrines of the unsayable - and the more specific claim that both the
> elementary propositions of the TLP and the 'rules' of the PI
> are unsayable: their existence can be shown not said.

=== message truncated ===

WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe
Awards  www.yahoo.co.uk/internetcafes