[lit-ideas] Re: "-Er" Words and Essences

  • From: Donal McEvoy <donalmcevoyuk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:38:16 +0100 (BST)

 --- Eric Yost <NYCEric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JL:  "Problem with America, is that they pigeonhole. If you  sing, you
> are a singer; if you dance, you are a dancer; if you act, you are an
> actress. I'm good at the three. How do you call me?"
>
> _____
>
> Fred Astaire?

Ginger Rogers?

All-round entertainer?

On the phone?

What about Liza?.* [*Alluding to Streisand's 'Call me Barbra']

Deluded? *[Alluding to her being not so good at all three]

So pilled-up you could rattle, love?

And Fred is just one of hordes who avoided the pigeon-holing, like Sammy
Davis Jr and more recently eh..well Streisand if we leave out the dancing,
and Michael Jackson if we leave out the acting, and de Niro if we leave out
the singing. O yeh - J-Lo does all three "good". And that's not even
mentioning the kids from Fame.

Donal

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com