[lit-ideas] Re: Enter Psmith

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 16:13:53 -0800

On Feb 8, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Eric wrote:
we cannot offer your daughter a position in our newbie sacrifice facility.

Newbies?

Surely you mean newts?

"You will enjoy the lake," said Psmith. "The newts are of the famous old Blandings strain. They were introduced, together with the water-beetles, in the reign of Queen Elizabeth. Lord Emsworth, of course, holds manorial rights over the mosquito-swatting."

David Ritchie,
calculating the going rate for the nobel peace price in today's dollars, and getting ready to welcome a Belgian student named Rembrandt (true) to a college in
Portland, Oregon