[lit-ideas] Re: Election Protection

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:18:08 EDT

In a message dated 10/17/2004 8:05:48 AM Central Daylight Time,
aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
How  people can shoot animals I will never  know.

Hi,
Well, here in my town, I'm planning on taking a hunter safety education
class with Ben as soon as we find one.

I think it is that he might have to live in the wild someday.  Well,  that
is, if Bush is re-elected.  If not, maybe his plane will crash someday  or
he'll
be in another disaster.

We also like venison--and there is an overload of deer in Missouri.   It's
awful.  Even in suburbia we have deer running around in the  evenings--and
going
from my home to one of the main streets, we've almost hit  several through
the years.  I really don't know how Ben will do with the  prospect--mostly he
is
okay with learning to shoot for the 'target practice'  concept.

I don't think I could kill just to kill--but to eat?  Yes.   Though I never
have...and don't know that either of us actually *will*.   But, some of our
friends own some property down by the Lake of the Ozarks and  are planning on
taking Ben with their son in the Springs so that the next  hunting season
(2005)
Ben could go hunting with them.  I don't really  know if Ben will be able to
deal with it or not.  I don't know if I  could  But, I think we need to
prepared for the odd events in our  lives...

Wondering who hunts on our list (animals, I mean...)
Marlena in Missouri