[lit-ideas] Re: Ditto

  • From: Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:15:06 +0000 (GMT)

The 18th Century Scottish philosopher entered, beared, the room, uttering:
"Who knicked my trousers?"
The room fell boringly silent, as it should. Seated were, from the left, a
medieval Italian writer -- currently seeking asylum in Scotland --, an Egyptian
queen and her handmaiden, two German dwarfs, a French playwright, an American
Indian and a Buddhist in search of himself.
"Well, I HAD the trousers, but they were given to me, and they are now out of
my possession," said the Italian writer.
"It was me who gave him the trousers, but I only found them in the morning,
stuck in my dresser."
"I didn't steal it," said a German dwarf.
"Steal THEM. You didn't steal THEM," corrected another.
"Did not God himself steal life from man when he drowned him in a pool of
tears," asked the French playwright.
"Are you saying we build our own prisons?" asked the American.
"Yes."

Torgeir Fjeld
Oslo, Norway

http://independent.academia.edu/TorgeirFjeld  //   http://facebook.com/phatic