[lit-ideas] Re: Diogenes searching for the vast peaceful majority

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:55:06 EST

In a message dated 3/11/2006 9:15:29 A.M. Central Standard Time,
lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Otherwise they are  jailed, beaten or killed â sometimes all three.  And
Europe is rapidly  becoming as bad as the testimony of Hirsi Ali  indicates.

Hi,
It all sounds so much like the godless Communist Soviet Union which used to
imprison Christians, those who opposed the regime and the government which was
 involved in the subversive activities of the USA...

remembering the prayer sessions for those imprisoned...which had so much of
the same rhetoric as in dealing with Fundamentalist Islam (but we were able to
 have a Cold War with them...and knew that even thought the majority was not
happy with the regime or the torture ... except for those who turned in their
 family members...that we were not so quick to pass judgement on the Silent
Majority - for many of them met/prayed in secret...and maybe that is true of
the  Silent Majority of Moderate Muslims in the Middle East...)
Marlena in Missouri