[lit-ideas] Re: Dennis Dutton RIP

  • From: Robert Paul <rpaul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:35:37 -0800

Here is a link to David Myers' memoir of Denis Dutton, on Myers' blog.

http://dgmyers.blogspot.com/2010/12/denis-dutton-19442010.html

Myers, as most people here know, was the moderator, and I believe the co-owner, with Andreas, of Phil-Lit. I may be mistaken about who owned what, but I'm sure that Andreas dealt with the 'technical problems,' and David with the human ones, of which, in his eyes, there were many. The Phil-Lit archives were kept on some server at Texas A & M, where Myers still teaches. They could be searched for a while after the list closed, but they're no longer available. In any event, it was his unilateral decision to shut down Phil-Lit, the precursor of lit-ideas, and Theoria, which Larry Kramer ran until it faded away.

Robert Paul,
sometime member, along with David Savory, of the Phil-Lit Board,
and other historically misty organizations