[lit-ideas] Critical Test

  • From: Eric <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:40:25 -0500

>>Test.  This is a test.

That was the most offensive test I have ever read. Not only is it incorrect in its facts, its conclusions, and its assumptions--the rhetorical frame of a civil defense broadcast test was just so overused and the general tone so lackluster, one wonders about the state of Mike Geary's pen. It's as though he just woke up one morning and thought, "I shall write a test message." Then there's the matter of the signature itself, as if the designative "Memphis" explained anything about the poster, except for a cynical hint at the Egyptian dynasties. Phooey I say. Phooey to youey.

EY